Shape your world

"It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look, which morally we can do. To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." -- Thoreau's Walden

Monday, February 5, 2007

Long Absences

Well, as I sit down to write this, it's nearly 1:30pm and I am just enjoying my morning coffee. As you can see, I am running a little behind.

I want to apologize for my absence here. After we got through the grief associated with losing Brian Allgood, we launched headlong into grief and dispair over the dismissal of our nanny. This was followed immediately by the inevitable, Murphy-worthy illness of Princess Pea, which is still underway.

All of these conspired to keep me intensely focused on the happenings and feelings within the four walls of our home. I have completly shut out even important external events, like the birthdays of both of Princess Pea's grandmothers. I simply haven't had the energy for introspection. Getting through the rigors of the day seemed overwhelming, and I often collapsed on the bed at the end of the day, wondering how I was going to get through the next one.

Today, it seems that the fog is lifting a bit. So, now seemed like the time to get back at the task of sharing details and thoughts with you. Please forgive that it has taken this long to get back here.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I've missed you. Actually, I miss you wheather or not you've posted. Wish I could be there - we could just cope together. Alas, I'm not there, you're not here. I guess I miss you really does just say it all.