Shape your world

"It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look, which morally we can do. To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." -- Thoreau's Walden

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Princess Pea's Playground

After I posted my last entry about Princess Pea's Reading List, I decided to create a new blogsite just for her -- Princess Pea's Playground.

What does it say about me that I wanted to keep World Wide Canvas my own? Who knows -- I just felt strongly that I wanted Canvas to be about my life apart from my role as a parent.

Of course, those experiences inform and shape my perceptions of a great many things. And there are bound to be several parenting entries to come on Canvas, but the day-to-day activities of my Toddler's life belong somewhere else. This forum is about me -- mom, yes, but also: daughter, wife, friend, artist, teacher, and all the other labels you see on my "About Me" corner.

p.s. the aforementioned post, Princess Pea's Reading List, has been moved to Princess Pea's Playground.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

There - now I've added Princess Pea to my Bloglines too. I'm so glad you let me know what to call her when I comment!

You know, it's just fine - better than fine - to have your blog be about you. I'm just too lazy to do more than one blog, so you'll find everything in one spot for me!