Shape your world

"It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look, which morally we can do. To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." -- Thoreau's Walden

Monday, January 15, 2007

Travel Envy


I like to think of myself as an accomplished traveler, but I am quickly being put to shame by my cousin, who recently returned from ten days in Egypt.

I am publishing a photo she took while at Karnak. There were tons of great photos to choose from (she has 250+ in her online album).

Most of my travel energy these days goes to visits with my folks, since my daughter is their only grandbaby. We haven't done an adventure travel trip since I was three months pregnant, despite pining for exotic destinations. Hopefully, we can rectify that in the coming year.

Kudos, MK, for getting out to see the world. I'm green with travel envy.

2 comments:

Moriah said...

Well, maybe we should plan a cousins travel week sometime in the future! Somewhere tropical and luxurious! Hahaha!

Julia Anderson said...

All the pathos and irony of leaving one’s youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.

Flights to Toronto