Shape your world

"It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look, which morally we can do. To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." -- Thoreau's Walden

Friday, February 13, 2009

What I've been up to Lately

Well, I've been back in school since the end of January. It's put a serious dent into my free time.

My first assignment (and really the first time I've written academically in over a year) was a contribution to our class wiki page on the teachings of major world religions regarding the environment.

It was a difficult subject for me. I was the only one in my class who wrote on a religion that they subscribe to, so I took an exceptionally personal interest in what I found. I have to admit that I didn't like everything that I found. I am, however, encouraged by recent developments.

If you're interested you can read my contribution (and those of my classmates) here.

3 comments:

Momo said...

Which one did you write? The link goes to the module on Buddhism.
-Mo

Amy said...

I wrote about Christianity. ;-)

Momo said...

Whoa! That was really detailed! I'm impressed!